AwhiWorld are a creative technology consulting, production and manufacturing company.
We are specialists in immersive, interactive and emerging technologies including:
- augmented reality, mixed reality and geo locative mobile applications
- interactive installations
- projection mapping
Our services include:
- creative technology consultancy and training
- cultural, educational, organisational and community innovation
- interdimensional investigation and intervention
- place and space activation and rejuvenation
We create innovative experiences for diverse audiences that change minds, shift perspectives and rejuvenate spirit. Revealing and generating parallel, alternate and augmented realities is our specialty.
Our projects weave together diverse audiences, cultures, disciplines and technologies.
Our interventions, activations and installations:
- share stories and knowledge and support strategic goals in magical new ways
- support educational, civic and cultural institutions and organisations to experiment and innovate
- nourish spirit and spirits by creatively opening portals to parallel, alternate and subversive new realities
AwhiWorld is made up of experts in creative technology, storytelling and cultural heritage. Dr Maggie Buxton is Founder and Lead Producer partnered with artist and technical advisor Kim Newall (Wired Visual) as well as Tracey Gayner (Simple Steps NZ), Piri Marearai and a number of other individuals who coalesce around different projects.
Collaborating Organisations have included:
- AUT South Art and Design
- All Day Breakfast
- Papakura Business Association
- Papakura Art Gallery
- Accelerating Aotearoa
- Audio Foundation
- Auckland Libraries Digital Outreach
- Papakura Marae
Funders have included: