AwhiWorld are a community focussed creative technology consulting and production company.
We create innovative experiences and products for diverse audiences that change minds, shift perspectives and rejuvenate the spirit of people and their places and spaces. Revealing and generating parallel, alternate and augmented realities is our specialty.
We are experts in using immersive, interactive and emerging technologies in grass-roots settings. We use emerging technologies such as
- augmented reality
- mixed reality
- geo locative mobile
- interactive installations
- projection mapping
- e-textiles and smart wearables
Our services include:
- creative technology consultancy and training
- cultural, educational, organisational and community innovation
- interdimensional investigation and intervention
- place and space activation and rejuvenation
Our projects weave together diverse cultures, disciplines and technologies. We have collaborated with a diverse range of people and organisations including experimental artists, elders in rest homes, Pasifika communities, marae, school children and their teachers, musicians and sound artists, community groups, traditional cultural groups, poets, start up tech companies and business associations.
Our interventions, activations and installations:
- share stories and knowledge and support strategic goals in magical new ways
- support educational, civic and cultural institutions and organisations to experiment and innovate
- nourish spirit and spirits by creatively opening portals to parallel, alternate and subversive new realities
AwhiWorld is made up of experts in creative technology, storytelling and cultural heritage. Dr Maggie Buxton is Founder and Lead Producer partnered with artist and technical advisor Kim Newall (Wired Visual) as well as Tracey Gayner (Simple Steps NZ), Piri Marearai and a number of other individuals who coalesce around different projects.
Collaborating Organisations have included:
- AUT South Art and Design
- All Day Breakfast
- Papakura Business Association
- Papakura Art Gallery
- Accelerating Aotearoa
- Audio Foundation
- Auckland Libraries Digital Outreach
- Papakura Marae
Funders have included: